Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Is this year never gonna end??

 First I'd like to say sorry. Sorry for not being here for almost 2 months.

This year started out great for me: Business has been booming and we were pretty happy. Then around the end of September I started feeling a little sick....not too much, but this constant nagging pain in my stomach.

Went to a doctor and was told I had IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), witch is not so great because my wife has Crohn's, so we fought for the toilet a little lol.

Then my house basement was flooded by black water (yes, poopy water) and it caused about 20gs in damage, that I mostly repaired myself at night, while working during the day. Then I get this contract for a big demolition at night, so I switched schedules.

After a month of working 19 hour days, I finally finished my demolition. The engineer was pleased with our work and promised a lot more contracts. All in all it was great.

Then the stomach trouble came back with a vengeance. I could barely make it to the throne in the morning. Hurt so bad I went back to the hospital. Now they are saying I have as many as 20 ulcers in my stomach and intestines. I changed my diet DRASTICALLY over the last 2 weeks and it seems to help. May I remind you that as a machinery operator, I tend to eat a lot of junk on the go. Lots as in morning noon and sometimes evenings. Those drive-thru joints are a man's best friend when he is on the go. I been eating like that pretty much all my life, with the occasional fancy supper doused with wine and beer.

Like I keep saying, this getting old thing ain't working out so good for me.


Now I gotta eat salads minus the dressing, veggies and cut down on Coke and Coffee. Man I miss my coffee!!

I feel like one of those morbidly obese persons ordering 2 combos at McDonald's but with a diet coke.....

I'm a hefty guy, 6'0'' and 325pds, but I was never really ''fat''. Of course I got the love handles and all but considering I work sitting down all day I guess I thought I was all right. EEEEE   Big mistake.

Of course the doc gave me a complete check up and well well, what have we got here? Lungs so dark they look like an 80 year old's. Guess those 50 cigarettes a day didn't really help. Guess inhaling diesel exhaust for the most part of the last 25 years didn't help either. So now I got an inhaler, just like when I was a kid. Great, just what I needed.

I bought a brand new truck on the 1st of November. I was overdue, and my older Dodge was starting to cause me grief after 18 years of loyal services. So I went all out and bought this 2012 Dodge 2500 Cummins and got her all equipped with a brand new plow, a brand new spreader and all the bells and whistles I always wanted.
In the showroom the day I bought it

Guess what?  I got to drive it 300 miles before it started to smoke like crazy and died on the road. That was 1 week ago, and it's still at the Cummins shop getting fixed. Engine blown, turbo blown, off cooler blown. They never saw that. That was November 7th, and I just turned the radio on to hear that Obummer was re-elected....Guess who I blame for my truck trouble???

So 70 000$ later including the flood in my home, I'm still driving my 1994. Of course I have a few 2000 in the yard, but the 1994 is MY truck. I am the only one who ever drove it. And I love it.


But I really enjoyed my new ride...

Please let 2013 roll in and be a better year!!!




0 comments:

Post a Comment