Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

There is No Substitute for Actually Being There


From DaTechGuy's blog, 9/25/2012:
[...]
A few days ago I got a call from Robert Stacy McCain asking me if I could join drive down to his undisclosed location (that he offered to disclose) pick him up and head for Ohio.
My situation did not allow it, so Stacy was able (with some effort apparently) to change Ali Akbar’s mind to join him for yet another trip to cover the Mitt Romney Bus Trip in Ohio.
Stacy has photos here and a piece in the Spectator here but this really isn’t so much about this particular trip nor the idea of Stacy & Ali on the road.
It’s about stuff like this:
NC Chairman Reince Priebus just held an impromptu press gaggle and said, “We’re going to outspend the DNC 10-to-1 for the next six weeks.” Asked about polls showing Romney-Ryan trailing in Ohio, Priebus said “we’re within a field goal and we’re going to crush [the Democrats] on the ground.”
I’m watching Morning Joe right now and I haven’t seen a word about this declaration by the chairman of the GOP. I don’t pretend to have been doing this long or having been trained in this business (BS CSC minor US History) but the blunt statement that: “We’re going to outspend the DNC 10-1 for six weeks” from the GOP chairman is what we call “News!”


Now, I'm not a fan of the daring duo of Stacy and Ali but I do follow Stacy's reporting even whilst deploring the involvement of his traveling companion in acts that bring question and disgrace to the conservative cause.
I am an ex-con of an even worse stripe than Ali even though from all appearances he in still obfuscating and minimizing that and his criminal activities that lead to his conviction. As an ex-con I can contribute my voice and opinions to our conservative dialog but I would never seek to be involved in any political campaign or organization where fund-raising was concerned. That is just wisdom, something I'm afraid young Mr. Akbar hasn't acquired.
Just this old fool's opinion.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment